Monday, April 20, 2009

Face shading



I went for a photo shoot with some friends as a fun day out and there was a make up artist there to help us out. She actually did some face contouring for some of us and I have to say that she was good.

That sparked my interest to know more about the whole face contouring/face shading.

Being Asian, it’s nice to make your nose sharper sometimes when the occasion calls for it. Face shading is all about using a darker tone to shade and a lighter tone to highlight.
This website is quite comprehensive and explains the basics. It recommends using liquid although I am more inclined to use powder like what the Sephora lady told me.

It also explains some of the more advanced techniques that you can use to such as to camouflage a double chin, deepen cheekbone structure, widen a jaw line, narrow a broad nose among others.

I’ve tried some contouring powders that will be reviewed soon. I think I need to practice practice practice.I still have my eye on the Make Up Forever Sculpting Kit, which has been getting good reviews. That is going on my wish list!

Any tips from makeup savvy beauties out there?

2 comments on "Face shading"

Unknown on October 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM said...

you have an interesting site
all yore post are interesting..thx for sharing..them

sarynkay on October 3, 2009 at 2:04 AM said...

Thank you...=D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Diamonds n Duds Discoveries Along The Way Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez