Saturday, April 28, 2007

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions At Home MicroDermabrasion System


This is an in-home MicroDermabrasion kit from Neutrogena.
As everyone knows, going for a MicroDermabrasion at a salon can be $$$.
Microdermabrasion is used to remove sun-damaged skin and to remove or lessen scars and dark spots on the skin. It also helps to combat sun damaged skin.
As I have a few light sun spots and minor scars, hey, this is what I need!
After conducting some research, Neutrogena is one of the better ones to use.
From the Neutrogena website, this is what it says:
The kit contains 2.5 oz. jar cream, system applicator, 2 sponge heads and 2 AA batteries.
The Jar cream which is the Advanced Solutions™ Micro-Oxide Crystallized Cream contains the same Aluminum-Oxide crystals used by dermatologists to promote surface cell renewal, revealing fresher, smoother skin.
The Advanced Solutions™ Soft Foam Sponge Head distributes the Micro-Oxide Crystallized Cream to gently and evenly retexturize skin for the perfect degree of skin resurfacing.
The Advanced Solutions™ System Applicator has two speeds, allowing you to control the intensity of your treatment for maximum results without discomfort.
The review from Paula Begoun indicates that this is definitely an option to consider and was one of the better reviews from her of similar brands who sells this product. Unfortunately, this isn't sold in Australia and I'll have to either buy online or overseas.
For those who have used it, do tell me your experience. In the meantime, this is staying on my wishlist and I'll definitely tell about my experience once I get my hands on it.

6 comments on "Neutrogena Advanced Solutions At Home MicroDermabrasion System"

hottomali on March 14, 2008 at 9:38 AM said...

I used this product and loved it. I heard Forest Whitaker's wife mention it on Oprah- her skin is gorgeous, but she swore this is the product she used from Target's. Well, once anything appears on Oprah, it flies from the shelves and now they are out of stock. I think the response is so overwhelming, Neutrogena will repackage the product and sell it at a much higher price. I'm sure this product was a 'sleeper' until Oprah viewers heard about and cattled rushed the stores. I hate that it is no longer available. You can order the system off Amazon.com but I'm sure shipping is outrageous- it's worth it. I paid a mint for two treatments form the salon, but people immediately noticed- far more than with regular facials. This home treatment is a fraction of the cost and honestly, it shaves 10 years off my face and looks like I've had a week of holiday and lots of great sex! :-)

sarynkay on March 19, 2008 at 2:38 AM said...

Hi Joanna,

I managed to buy this from Dermadoctor.com and the shipping fee is quite reasonable. Perhaps this website is still selling. Can't believe that they are no longer selling this?
Oh no! I've used mine and it's fantastic!

Unknown on March 20, 2008 at 3:11 PM said...

I used this product for one week and it caused the worst acne ever! As a 25 year old woman in the working world, this was greatly embarassing!! As if to make matters worse, it must have irrated a muscle near my eye because I have an uncontrollable eye twitch now. I stopped using the product after one week, but two weeks later, my eye is still twitching!! Thankfully, I was able to return it to Target and get my money back, but I have no idea how long this eye twitch is going to go on for!

sarynkay on March 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM said...

Hi Shannon,

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. Have you seen a doc about the eye twitch?

Anonymous said...

The Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System is an excellent pdoduct. However, your readers my have problems using this with acne. My review might be helpful to your readers.

sarynkay on August 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM said...

Hi Leslie,

You are right, it might be too harsh for those who have acne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Diamonds n Duds Discoveries Along The Way Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez