Wednesday, May 2, 2007

3M Nexcare Acne Dressing


I came across this when I was in HK and decided to give it a try!
I was a little sceptical as to how it works and it didn't have salicylic acid nor benzoyl peroxide in it that are proven ingredients that helps with pimples and acne.

According to the 3M website, it contains hydrocolloid acid which helps to absorb the secretion and in the healing of acne.

As I had a few pimples that are growing and which I couldn't squeeze on my face, I decided to give this 3M acne dressing a go.



Did the whole usual routine of cleansing and then opened the box. I pulled out this pack which is actually a sterile pack to keep the acne dressing clean. This comes in two boxes of 18 pieces and 36 pieces and consists of circles of different sizes depending on the size of your pimple.



Flip it over and those are the acne dressings in different sizes. Took out different sizes that fit my pimples and that's it. Not only is it suppose to clear up my pimples but is meant to prevent contamination from like dust, dirt etc...
Went to bed after that and allowed the acne dressing to do its magic. The next morning when I woke up, the secretion from my pimples have been absorbed by the acne dressing as you could see that the acne dressing has turned white. I even had a pimple which was an "under your skin" type which I thought I'll try as well and it has swelled down tremendously. The small pimples only took a night and I just used it for the bigger ones for another day or two and the pimples were cleared up. It didn't really leave a mark either as my skin healed up within a day.

I was surprised but glad that it worked!

I bought the 18 pieces initially at HKD25 while the 36 pieces was around HKD43 I believe, the cheapest price that I was able to find was at Bonjour Beauty shops in HK. I found it again when I was back in Sydney but it was more expensive (18 pieces = AUD17, 36 pieces = AUD22). For those whom are overseas, you can try getting it from Sasa online who is selling it at USD4.10.

Luvs ~ It isn't obvious once it's been applied after a while, doesn't leave any marks, works almost overnight.
Don't Luv ~ Pre-determined sizes. Sometimes you might want more small ones but there is only so many of the small and large ones. But this is no biggie!

3 comments on "3M Nexcare Acne Dressing"

Anonymous said...

fantastic - i've been looking for these in Sydney - where can I find them?

cheers

sarynkay on January 22, 2008 at 11:25 AM said...

you can find them at any asian shops that sells cosmetics and skincare. There are quite a number around chinatown in Sydney.

Nitrile Gloves on March 20, 2010 at 8:55 AM said...

There are a couple different shapes of masks to consider. The first is a soft, flexible mask that ties around the head. These are generally priced cheaply and come in large quantities. These are often referred to as medical masks.

nitrile gloves

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Diamonds n Duds Discoveries Along The Way Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez