Friday, May 18, 2007

Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock


If there is one thing that we must never never ever exclude from our beauty regime, it would have to be applying sunscreen.

I'm really not the most diligent person in this area. One of the reasons, well actually the main reason being that I don't like how it feels greasy on the skin. All is well applying on the face (nothing a dash of powder couldn't help!) but when it comes to the body area, *sticky* *sticky*, I can't really take it, and I'm not going to apply powder to my entire body after applying sunscreen either.

So, I have been searching high and low and all types of sunscreen (gels, lotions, sprays) and have yet to find one that I am happy to stick with.

When Neutrogena came out with this Dry-Touch sunblock, my eyes lit up like stars and I had to try this. Unfortunately, couldn't find this in Sydney, had to resort to buying online.

This sunblock contains 2% avonbenzone which is a good ingredient providing UVA protection and 3% oxybenzone which provides good UVB protection. This formula is said to be enriched with anti-oxidant vitamins A, C and E. It is waterproof, sweatproof and resists rub-off. It is also non-comedogenic and PABA free. Satisfied that this sunblock will provide me with the protection needed, I commence using it.

True to its word, it really feels clean and weightless and ends up with a powdery finish. Voila! I have just found THE body sunscreen for me. I am amazed, application upon application and none of the greasy feel on your skin after that, it always ends up dry and powdery on my skin. In essence, it leaves a matt (non-shiny) finish, which is another gripe I have about most sunscreen products.

One thing though is that it seems to have a heavier sunscreen smell. So for those who prefer a sunscreen that doesn't really leave as much scent, you might want to go with something else. For me, I am happy with the scent and am happy that I now have a body sunscreen to use.

Luvs ~ Dry and matt finish and still has an SPF of 30. Good dose of anti-oxidants.
Don't Luv ~ Tad heavy sunscreen scent.

0 comments on "Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Diamonds n Duds Discoveries Along The Way Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez